10 Educational Factors Of Green Commercial Real Estate
The green commercial real estate industry is growing. Commercial properties are being constructed, positioned, and operated with ecological sensitivity in mind. The primary reason for this is the available awareness and education today which has concerned consumers demanding ecological building designs. This new green commercial real estate market is ripe for the taking for any agents or developers looking to target a group of educated and informed buyers. In fact, the green building market which is expected to increase to a global market value of $254 billion by 2020.
Here is a checklist of points to be aware of about the ecological construction of commercial buildings, and subsequently how it affects the real estate industry.
3. The life-cycle of a building should be assessed if it is to be positioned as “green”.
4. Energy efficient buildings are in high-demand as operating expenses continue to rise
5. Water consumption can be lowered based on a building’s design.
6. Overhead lighting choices can drastically improve one’s mental health, focus level, and productivity.
7. Proper ventilation is crucial to control indoor air quality and preventing respiratory disorders.
9. Ecologically-designed buildings yield higher occupancy rates and ROI in commercial real estate.
Read more about the shift in commercial real estate as ecological design is growing in importance.Feature Image: The world’s greenest office building, the Bullitt Center in Seattle. Image via Discover.