There are ways to sell your home for more money. If you’re contemplating doing some environmental upgrades to your home consider these factors:
- Was the lumber sustainably harvested?
- How much energy does your home use monthly?
- Do you have low flush toilets installed?
- Have you swapped out your old light bulbs for new energy efficient ones?
- Are you using lead-free paint?
- Does your home have proper ventilation, heating and cooling?
- Are your cabinets adhered with formaldehyde-free glue?
- Do you use natural products like recycled glass counter tops?
Feature Image: Energy efficient homes. Illustration by Gary Smith.