North American homeowners are taking advantage of incentives and performing green home renovations. Environmentally conscious homebuilding has exploded worldwide as has the awareness and concerns about our water supply and the urgency of finding sustainable solutions. Nearly 23,000 homes across the U.S. have some function that includes Energy Efficiency and Environmental Design certification.
Making one or some of the following green home renovations and changes to your home can reduce your utility expenses and add value to your home when it comes time to sell.
8 Tips for Green Home Renovations
- Add a rainwater harvesting system
- Install wind turbines
- Sunlight heat
- Wind cooling and natural ventilation
- Earth insulation if available
- Hot climates – install a white roof
- Damp climates – install a green roof
- Add automated vertical wall gardens inside or out